Vastu refers to a Hindu science that governs the creation of all structures. Even though maintaining vastu in the residential flats in Mumbai and other big cities in India is not so easy, given the buildings are constructed to accommodate huge population and every inch needs to be utilized to the fullest, yet to a certain extent vastu for the flats and apartments should comply with the science of structure in order to maintain its auspicious and positive aesthetics.
Vastu Shastra for the Residential Flats for Sale in India and for that matter any other cities and towns prescribes direction, placement, plot selection, and other decorative accessories that are needed to counteract the evil effects and helps to protect positive feelings from the negative energy of the space.
Let’s discuss a few tips in getting our residential flats and apartments vastu compliant below:
Vastu Direction for Residential Flats:
- West facing flat: There haven’t been claims that the west-facing flats are considered inauspicious. But, what we can see mostly is that the West-facing flats are considered to be C-grade, while the East-facing flats are considered to be A-grade, which is similar to Vastu suggestions.
- East facing flat: The best flats to opt for are the East facing flats, which also fall on A-grade property. The A-grade property is considered to be the most auspicious one as it fully complies with the Vastu Shastra.
- North facing flat: The North-facing flats are also considered to be a good option for residential purposes as they are associated with Kuber, the God of wealth. It is also said that a North facing flat generates financial fortune and promotes good health for the people residing in it.
- South facing flat: The South facing flats are considered inauspicious because the South direction is associated with Lord Yama, the God of death. It is highly recommended to construct the flat in other directions so that it complies with the Vastu Shastra.
Main door and entrance of the residential flat as per Vastu:
According to the Vastu for flat entrances, it states that the placement of the door helps to gain maximum positive vibrations in a flat or apartment. Vastu recommends placing the main door in the East, North-east, and North directions. Make sure that the elevators are not at all placed in front of the main entrance.
Let’s discuss the dos and don’t for the entrance of flat as per Vastu:
- The directions for the main entrance should be North-east, East, West and North.
- It is recommended to keep a nameplate which should be placed on the wall of the main entrance as it promotes good health conditions and financial prosperity.
- The main door for entrance should be larger than that of the rest of entrances to the house.
- One must keep a doormat placed in front of the main entrance to drive negative energies away from entering the home, visitors or residents.
- The main entrance door should be made of wood or must at least have some woodwork on it to make it auspicious.
- Make sure to keep a slight concrete elevation at the main entrance to keep the negativity away from entering the house.
- Always ensure to oil the main entrance door to avoid the door making a creaky noise which might lead to a negative vibrational state.
- Make sure that the main entrance door should not be situated in the North-west, South-east, South-west or South directions.
- High intensity lights in shades like red should not be placed near the main entrance.
- Make sure that the elevator slab should not have any religious symbols since stepping on it will be disrespectful and might cause harm to the family members.
- If the main entrance has stairs, it must end with an odd number so that the right foot should be forward while going up or down the stairs.
- The main entrance door must not make any creaky noise.
- Placing mirrors are not recommended in front of the main door.
- Always remember that, one should not keep photos of Gods on the main door as knocking, slamming and banging on the door is disrespectful.
The Vastu Shastra recommends different directions and placements for flats and apartments. To make your residential flat in Vashi auspicious and bring in physical, mental, and financial well-being, one must follow the suggestions before opting or constructing a flat or apartment for residential purposes. The Vastu Shastra is known to have a well-defined structure plan for various properties to make them into A-graded flats/plots. The A-grade flats are known to be the flats which are the most auspicious and also have the capability to generate success for its residents.