Creating a pooja room in your home according to vastu can bring good luck and fortune. It is important to align the room properly and use the right colors, shapes and materials to create a space for worshiping. It is believed that the energy and vibrations of a house have a direct influence on the health and wealth of the occupants of that house. The ancient Indian science of vastu shastra deals with this in great detail. The concept of a pooja room in a house is also based on vastu shastra. The vastu for pooja room says that it should be located in the north-east corner of the house, as this is considered to be the most auspicious corner.
VASTU TIPS FOR POOJA ROOM IN RESIDENTIAL APARTMENTS
- Always ensure that the pooja rooms must be situated in the right direction which makes your home a cordial space, bringing in peace and harmony.
- The North-east corner of the flat is considered to be the most auspicious direction for the location of Pooja room. It is referred to as Ishan Cone according to Vastu Shastra. People who worship should always face the North or East while worshiping.
- Make sure to keep light and neutral colors in your Pooja room as it is considered auspicious by the Vastu Shastra. The pooja room walls must either be yellow, light blue or white and the deities must be placed in the East or West directions.
- Mandirs made with marble or wood are considered auspicious for placing the idols of deities.
To construct a Pooja room that complies with the Vastu Shastra, both the arrangement and the placement directions play an important role. Let’s discuss the factors to keep in mind while constructing a Pooja room:
- It is not auspicious to construct a Pooja room in the South direction.
- Do not put photos of deceased people in the Pooja room.
- Make sure that the Pooja room wall must not be shared with the toilet, storeroom or bedroom as it might lead to negativity in the house.
- Do not keep unnecessary items in the Pooja room.
- Money and other valuables should not be kept hidden in the Pooja room.
- Avoid placing idols which face the south direction.
- One must ensure not to keep garbage cans and dustbins outside the Pooja room as they attract negative energies.
A Vastu Compliant Pooja Room is an important factor in any home. It is considered very auspicious to have a separate room to offer our prayers and perform religious rituals. A vastu expert can help you to create a sacred space in your home that is not only spiritually uplifting but also enhances the positive energy in your home.