Your pooja room is the temple for your home. It is not only sacred, but also has a positive aura. It is here where you can get into a meditative state. According to vastu shastra, the pooja room plays an important role in harnessing power and spreading positivity throughout your home.
However, not many people are well accustomed to vastu guidelines. In order to make it easier for you, here are some of the Most Important Pooja Room Vastu Tips For Your Home –
- As per Vastu, pooja room direction –
The location of the pooja room, as per vastu, is crucial. It defines its auspicious aura. The northeast is an ideal direction, followed by the east and the north. So if you are designing a new home and can control the layout, then as per vastu you should avoid the basement, higher floors of the house, in front of the main door, under a staircase, next to a toilet or sharing a wall with the toilet. It’s best to place your pooja room on the ground level.
- Design of the pooja room as per vastu –
Your pooja room should have a low ceiling as per vastu. A pyramid-shaped or gopura-like top will aid in creating a positive atmosphere. You can consider adding a threshold to keep ants and insects away and a two-door entry, if the space in your home allows it.
- Placement of the Idol as per vastu –
The ideal placement of the Idol would be a few inches away from the wall with at least six inches from the ground. The space between the walls around the idol will give space for the air to flow. Keep in mind to not keep portraits of the dead and paintings depicting violence in your pooja room.
- Pooja room color as per vastu –
One of the most important pooja room vastu tips is the color of the room. In order to create a meditative atmosphere using light colors like white, light blue or light yellow would be beneficial. If you opt for marble then white or pale yellow or ochre would work as well. Light colors keep the space bright whereas dark colors could be more distracting when you pray.
- Type of lightings to keep the pooja room illuminated –
A pooja room should always be bright and filled with bright lights. The idea is to keep the room as illuminated as possible. Add warm lights and diyas/lamps in your pooja room. You should have a window in the northeast direction in order to keep it more airy. So when you worship, your mind won’t be distracted otherwise.
- Best areas to keep your pooja room –
The best areas to keep your pooja room in are the living rooms and kitchens. Unless your kitchen is in the northeastern part of your home, it is not advised to keep your pooja room in the kitchen. You may also place your pooja room in your bedrooms, as long as it is in the northeastern part of it.
Some of the Tips –
- One must make sure that the idols do not face each other or the door as it may result in negative energy flow.
- No idols or paintings should be chipped or broken as they may be considered inauspicious.
- Usage of copper vessels for religious purposes in the mandir is considered highly auspicious.
- The Agni Kund, lamp and similar lightening objects should ideally be placed in the southeast direction according to the Pooja Room Vastu.
- An extremely important point to remember is that one needs to make sure that the feet of any individual do not point towards the Pooja Room while sleeping, following the rules of Pooja Room Vastu.
Now you can create and customize your Pooja room the way you want with all the ideas and tips mentioned above.