As per Wikipedia, Vastu Shastra are “texts on the traditional Indian system of architecture. These texts describe principles of design, layout, measurements, ground preparation, space arrangement, and spatial geometry.” The ancient yogis of India established these principles of spatial arrangement and design with the aim to integrate architecture with nature, the relative functions of various parts of the structure, and ancient beliefs utilizing the geometric patterns called Yantra, symmetry, and directional alignments.
There are opinions on how much Vastu Shastra is relevant for the Apartment Buildings in India, as in an apartment building there are several families co-occupy the space. While it is understandable that it is not always possible in Residential Apartments to maintain vastu to the T, yet there are certain things that you can check and look into before deciding to buy a certain Residential Property in India.
VASTU TIPS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING A RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY IN INDIA
According to Vastu, every corner of your property has cosmic energy, be it positive or negative. It is important to see that the property you are considering to purchase follows some of the vastu guidelines in order to maintain a peaceful environment and financial stability for the residents of the flats and apartments.
- A flat which has its entrance in the East, North, or North-west direction is considered to be auspicious.
- The pooja room or space in the Residential Flats in India should be in such a place that the deities can be enshrined in the North-east corner of the designated.
- The master bedroom should be ideally located in the South-west corner of the property. The master bedroom is linked with longevity, prosperity, and good health.
- The guest room or the children’s bedroom should be located in the North-west corner. It is a must to avoid bedrooms in the North-east or South-east directions as it might lead to health issues and conflicts at home.
- Flats which are rectangular or square in shape comply best with Vastu.
- The kitchen should not face the same direction as that of the main entrance.
- Do not buy apartments that have balconies in the West or South directions.
- Apartments that are known to have larger water bodies located in the west or south directions are considered best for residential use.
Hope these tips will help you select the best home for your family where you can reside in peace and prosperity. Do you believe in Vastu Shastra? Does vastu play a role when you are considering purchasing a property? Share your thoughts in the comments.